I enjoy the responsiveness of hosting live events.
I have acted as emcee, panel moderator and “chat show host” for a variety of events listed below as well as delivered key-note addresses.
The sorts of topics I have covered include:
- Networking and building business relationships
- Confidence and the imposter syndrome
- Purposeful creativity; and
- The “hidden” professional – a talk for support and “back of house” staff
A HUGE thank you to @helgahenry for chairing #Resilience18 so expertly today and being so engaging. Who else would have got the delegates on their feet and playing her own take on charades! #helgahostsTweet from @UKTheatre
The energy, knowledge, insight and impact that Helga brings to a room is truly wonder to behold. Rarely do I see a room of young creatives become so animated and switched on by a presentation.Noel Dunne – Director, Creative Alliance
Hosting experience includes:
- TEDxBrum – event host in 2012 and 2013 and welcome in 2017
- Creative PIE conferences – University of Coventry 2012, 2013 and 2014 (panel moderator and curator of speakers)
- Hello Culture – digital conference curated by Lara Ratnaraja every year from 2009 and from 2018 in partnership with the BBC Academy for Digital Cities week in Birmingham, Bristol and Manchester
- UK Theatre Business Resilience Conference – 2017, 2018 and 2019
- In Conversation With… Sir Matthew Bourne – Birmingham Hippodrome July 2017
- Masterclasses – RE:Present and ASTONish leadership programmes 2016 to 2018. Subjects included Kully Thiari (National Theatre of Wales), Adil Ray (Citizen Khan), Javaad Alipoor (Northern Lines), Mark Ball (Manchester International Festival), Maria Balshaw (Tate), Althea Efunshile and Francesca Martinez.